Who are we?CyberSN dramatically decreases the frustration, time and cost associated with job searching and hiring for cyber security professionals.
Through our unique technology platform, CyberSN is able to connect highly trained cyber security staffing directors with job seekers and employers.
Founder Deidre Diamond, early stage VP of Sales for software security provider Rapid 7, has combined her 13 years of building technical recruiting agencies with her security software sales network to create CyberSN's innovative referral model that identifies and delivers cyber security professionals to employers quickly.
Position: SOC Analyst
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Position Type: Permanent
Reference #: CSN-JP-00050397
Roles and Responsibilities:
50% Log management, monitoring and analyzing information security alerts, threats and anomalies utilizing Archer (SIEM)
50% Following of procedures to triage and investigate security alerts, through research and escalating to appropriate teams
What you need to qualify:
• A strong understanding of basic computer science (including: algorithms, data structures, databases, operating systems, networks, and tool development [not production-quality software but tools that can help you do stuff])
• A background in IT operations (help desk, end-point management, and server management)
• The ability to write clearly and speak authoritatively to all different kinds of audiences (business leaders and techies)
• An understanding of adversary motivations (cybercrime, cyber hactivism, cyberwarfare, cyber espionage, and the difference between cyber propaganda and cyber terrorism)
• Some experience or familiarity with security operations concepts (including: perimeter defense, BYOD management, data loss protection, insider threat, kill chain analysis, risk assessment and security metrics)
[This is a 24/7 Security Operations Center for a global financial/insurance firm.
Selected candidates must be able to work on Panama shift rotation, as follows: 7:00am to 7:00pm rotating shift pattern (that uses 4 teams and two 12-hr shifts to provide 24/7 coverage)
The working and non-working days follow this pattern: 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off]
• Prior security operations experience in a 24/7 SOC at a global client